Tuesday 8 July 2014

COLLABORATION: Girly Day Out - Makeup, Picnic and Nails

Hey!

So, this is my first ever collab post (ohhh yeahhh)! I met up with my friend Corran who is the lovely blogger from Corrange and we had a picnic in Richmond on the green (which for you non-Londoners is basically a big, random patch of grass). 




The first thing I did before meeting Corran was my makeup- obviously! As it is so sunny at the moment and I didn't want to have sweaty make-up running down my face, I only used 5 products.


On my face I used:

~Rimmel Foundation in soft beige
~ MAC black kohl eyeliner
~Sunkissed bronzer in medium bronze
~Rimmel Scadaleyes mascara
~ Cherub's Blush, cheek and lip tint
How I achieved this look:

~ Apply your foundation evenly all over all your skin, making sure to blend it well. I use my fingers, but you can use a brush too if you like.
~ Apply the bronzer using a slanted brush whilst sucking in the hollows of your cheeks to really define your cheek bones. Using a larger kabuki style brush, lightly blend the bronzer and dust it up along your temple and down to your jaw line, in the shape 3.
~ Using the same bronzer take a small eyeshadow brush and apply the bronzer to your lash line and outer corners/crease of your eye. Do this until the colour is quite dark and the outline looks really harsh.Now take any small, clean blending brush and blend it in, making sure to concentrate keeping the colour darker on the outer corner of your eyes for a winged effect. Once you've finished blending, using the colour left on your brush, take it underneath your eye- just under your bottom lash line.
~ Now take your eyeliner and apply it along your lashline. Using a blending brush blend it into your eyeshadow.
~ Apply your mascara as usual on both your upper and bottom lashes.
~ Finish by applying one coat of the tint, on your lips. You could also apply this to your cheeks however, I used a lot of bronzer and I liked the look without any blush.

Ta-Da! You're all ready to go out!

 
For our picnic I made a lovely Caesar Salad with sausages instead of chicken which was delicious! Corran brought some Cool Doritos, Coca Cola and Jaffa cakes. Which Melted...  It was so hot and we didn't eat any breakfast so we guzzled down the coke and ate all the salad in no time! I made such a big salad portion that we were pretty full by the time we had finished it, so we lay on the picnic cloth and gossiped while munching on the odd Doritos. We chatted so much that we forgot to take loads of photos. Apologies for the really rubbish picnic photo with my grubby shoes in the background!
 To make my Sausage Caesar Salad:

~Put your sausages in a tray with chopped onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top and put it in the oven; Check the packet of sausages for time and oven settings!

~ Cut up small pieces of bread for croutons and drizzle with oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Don't put this in the oven until the sausages are almost ready.

~ Now cut up your choice of raw vegetables for your salad. I included a variety of lettuce, freshly cut from my garden, 3 tomatoes and an avocado.

...Around 15 minutes later...

~Check on your sausages and turn them.

~Put your croutons in the oven.

...Around another 7 minutes later...

~Take your sausages and croutons out of the oven and put them into your salad.

~ For the dressing, mix 3 tablespoons of Hellmann's mayonnaise, a few drops of lemon, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Top it off with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and Parmigiano-Reggiano.

Corran and I loved the salad so so much!! It was so tasty- if I do say so myself!

After our picnic we went back to my house where nails enthusiast Corran did my nails for me! We chose a lovely pink shade with a single aztec pattern on my ring fingers in white. If you want to see how she did it- which you should because this photo doesn't do it justice and I love them then check out here blog here and she should have a post up on how to do it!

And if you do try any of these out leave me a comment down below because I love reading them!

Don't forget that I'm officially changing my blog domain to oriannasoracle.blogspot.com on the 3rd of August!

Love O
x







No comments:

Post a Comment