Wednesday 15 October 2014

Zoella Beauty- An Honest Review


As I'm sure by now you all now, blogger Zoella has released a beauty range called Zoella Beauty and I was super lucky to be gifted a couple of things from the range from a friend a couple of weeks ago (Thank You!).  So here are my thoughts and honest opinions of the products!


Zoella Eyes Beauty Bag


What I Think: I love the make-up bag! I think the colour is adorable and for every girly girl out there and I also think it's really cute that she used the photo from her blog on it, which gives it a personal touch. Size wise, it is perfect for carrying your everyday makeup, it's fits a couple of small palettes and the necessities, On the downside, the zip is quite awkwardly placed in the middle so you really have to open the bag widely and tumble around to get what you want out of the bag. But other than that it's great! It's also super handy that it's in that water-proof kind of fabric like Cath Kidston bags, which makes it really easy to clean. Possible a little bit pricey for a make-up bag which doesn't have any compartment or pockets but it's too cute.

Price: £8

Rating: ★ 


Zoella Soak Opera - Bath Soak/Shower Cream 490ml



What I Think: True to Zoe, she has kept her collection super personal and made her products with little hints of orange on the packaging which as you all now is her favourite colour. I thought that was adorable. The actual product is a shimmering pink and quite thick and gloopy- it kinda reminds of the unicorn blood from Harry Potter. I'm not too keen on the product as although it smelt divine, I found it a little bit sticky and I wasn't too keen on the ingredients used. That being said it is super affordable and a reasonable size. I would just prefer to pay a little more for a more luxury brand when applying a shower cream as you use it on sensitive parts of your body that need a bit of TLC.

Price: £5

Rating: 



Zoella Blissful Mistful 45ml

 What I Think: I adore the name Blissful Mistful, it's just so cute! The scent is also lovely, if you were a fan of the Britney Spears Fantasy perfume, then this one's for you! It's super sweet and girly with a slight musky note. The packaging is lovely and looks like a dainty version of a luxury brand perfume, you can see there was a Topshop influence with the polka-dots and scrawled hand writing, but I really like that. In scent and concept it is quite similar to the Hollister Body Mist, I prefer the scents to the Hollister one's just because they have more sweet scents available but if you like a less sickly sweet smell, this one's for you. It's also a little pricey for how small it is, in comparison to the well established Hollister one's, as you only get 45ml of product in Zoella's Blissful Mistful, but the packaging is so much nicer and looks so much prettier in your room as it is glass and metal instead of plastic, (It's taking pride of place next to my Miss Dior, in my little perfume collection, see below) so I'm assuming that's where the money is going. It's a shame that like all body mists, the smell doesn't last long, but all in all, the smell is amazing and it's so cute and pretty that I don't mind it doesn't last long as I can carry it in my bag to top it up and it's pretty cheap to replace when I run out.

Price: £8

Rating: 

What did you think of the range? Comment down below! Don't forget to follow my blog for weekly posts! 
Love O
x




8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honest review, will you be reviewing the other products in the range later on?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats alright :) Thanks for reading and commenting! As I wasn't too keen on the products I have tried so far then I probably won't be forking out money to buy any other ones if I'm honest! The one's I'd be most likely to get are the fizz bar and the hand cream. If you follow my blog or subscribe to my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oriannas-Oracle/298858563645440?ref=hl) to see what I post. I post every wednesday and sometimes the cheeky random one in between ;)
      xo

      Delete
  2. I really like the look of the whole range, it captures the feel of her blog and suits the target audience of teens and earl 20s market really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think they looked cute, just not worth the hype really
      xo

      Delete
  3. I loved the range! The only thing that let me down is the body mist as I thought it was a bit weak and wore off rather quick...

    I'm also running a Zoella Beauty Giveaway on my blog!
    http://www.allthatshimmers.co.uk/2014/10/zoella-beauty-giveaway.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! :) yeah I liked the smell but find it wears off within the hour :( such a shame!
      ohh I'll have a peak at your blog :)
      xo

      Delete
  4. I'm partial to a bit of Zoella and completely agree that the make-up bag is too cute - perfect for my gym bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. snap girl! yeah Love the make-up bag it's ADORABLE. If I could have chosen I would have the blue one but with the guinea pig on it instead of the eyes! Too cute!
      xo

      Delete