For Arun's Christmas present, I got him tickets to go to Paris for the weekend. We went last week and had the most lovely time so I had to share it with you guys! We went by Eurostar and we stayed at the Avalon hotel which was great because it's situated right by Gare du Nord and our room had a balcony. In that weekend we went everywhere in Paris. Literally! You name a place and we probably went there! The travel system is great, like London they have buses, underground trains and national rail which come really often and the maps are so easy to follow that it makes going to many places in a couple of days so much easier.
The tourist destinations we visited were:
- Montmartre (where Amelie is filmed)
- Sacre Coeur which is right by Montmartre and has the most beautiful view of Paris I have ever seen.
- Le Louvre
- Notre Dame
- The love lock bridge which took us hours of walking to find!!
- The eiffel tower
- l'arc de triomphe
- we walked the stretch of the river seine from the Eiffel tower up to Pont de l'Archevêché (love lock bridge) which took us about an hour and then went shopping.
Whilst for shopping we went to:
- Chatelet les halles
- St Paul- where we saw Hilary Swank!!
- Hotel de ville
- Centre pompidou
Just a few snippets of our fabulous weekend:
|Sacre Coeur is the best!|
|Us at sacre Coeur|
|I had frog legs! They were actually quite tasty.|
|Lunch at Montmartre|
|A Marilyn Monroe moment...|
|Saturday night dinner. Yummy!|
|Sunday morning breakfast|
|Love lock bridge|