How are you? I had to share this delicious recipe with you because it was literally so fast, so easy but so tasty!! It will only take you around 15-20 minutes to make but will definitely wow any guests you have over! And what's so great about them is that once you crack down a simple recipe like this, the possibilities are endless. You can choose different fruits and different sauces such as custard instead of chocolate!
What You'll Need: (Makes 5 Tarts)
chocolate chips of any kind you prefer
half a pack of puff pastry
For the glazing:
- Roll out your puff pastry until its around 1cm thick and preheat your oven to around 200°.
- Using a cup make 5 little tarts. Obviously you can make larger or smaller ones and more or less than I've made. It is all up to you.
- Then you want to grab an oven tray and put a light layer of flour on it and then carefully place your tarts on the tray.
- Put the tarts in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Whilst your tarts are in the oven chop up your banana into slices.
- Take your tarts out of the oven and place some chocolate chips on them as done below.
- Put them back in the oven for around 10 minutes or until golden.
- While they are in the oven begin making your glaze. If you are going to eat them all on the day they are made you can skip this step. However, if you wish to keep them for a few days, you will need to glaze it in order to stop the fruit from going old.
- To make the glaze you will need to heat up two table spoons of jam and two table spoons of water in a pan until it boils (for around 3-5 minutes). Apricot is preferred as it will glaze over the fruit clear, whilst a strawberry jam will create a red glaze.
- Take your tarts out of them oven and arrange your banana slices on them and finally add your glaze.
Voila! You have these delicious tarts! And how quick was it? I told you so! Now go enjoy your tasty treats! Don't forget to tweet me a photo at @oriannarosa so I can see your versions!