Thursday 21 March 2013

My Favourite Things ♥


Here's a list of my favourite things in life which are my micro-pleasure- Little things that make me happy! 

Lollipops
There's a a southern-american themed shop in Teddington highstreet called 'La Casa Del Habano' that sells a variety of things, mainly tobacco to chocolate but what I love most about this shop is their amazing giant lollipops! They come at quite a bargain at 50p each in the most exquisite flavours! I explore a new flavour every week and have so far devoured toffee apple, pink lemonade, butterscotch sundae and bubblegum. Delicious. Next time I have my eye on blueberries and cream!

Check them out at: http://www.havahavana.com/index.jsp
Or visit them at: Hava Havana 76 High Street  Teddington  TW11 8JD  United Kingdom


Old books
There's something quite special about going to a library and picking up an old book. Of course I love to read new books too but older books are just extra special. I love: The smell of old books that gyrates with each turn of a page, the heaviness of the book as most old books are hardbacks makes them feel ore expensive and they're simply aesthetically pleasing from the fading artwork on the book cover to the slightly yellowing pages. From a very young age I would hide under my covers and read hours past my bed time similarly to the boy in 'The NeverEnding Story''- feeling nostalgic I wish I still had time to do this...

Riding my vintage bike
There are not many better ways to spend a summers day than riding on my 'old ladies' bicycle through green pastures surrounded by lily of the valley and bluebells with a peaceful river passing by. My bike has a basket in which I love to carry a little picnic and a book so that I can submerge myself into the pleasures of being with the tranquility of nature whilst reading and grazing under the oak tree. 

Spending the day in bed watching movies back-to-back
Being a media studies student I love new technology especially films! My favourite directors are Tim Burton and Del Toro for their use of  quirky and gothic mise-en-scene which converts cinematography into a dramatic art form! On a rainy day I could spend hours by the fireplace, wrapped up in a quilt and watching tons of movies. My favourite films include:

Beauty ^^
  • Pan's Labyrinth
  • Anastasia
  • Billy Elliot
  • Black Swan
  • Harry Potter (All!! hehe) 
  • Beautiful Creatures
  • The Incredibles
  • La Cinema Paradiso
  • The Runaways
  • Sherlock Holmes

(As well as anything directed by Burton!)

Receiving a letter
I'm not sure what it is but there is something far more exciting about receiving a letter (or anything for that matter) by post than by email or text. As much as I love technology, I think love should be kept to the classic hand-written letters like in a Jane Austen novel- her era was called romanticism for a reason!

Surprises
Any type of surprise makes a girl weak in the knees! I love it when someone secretly comes and hugs me from behind just because the affection was purely unexpected. Or when someone leaves little notes in your text book for you to find... I even love surprising myself, like when you go on a trip and find a cute vintage market which then becomes your favourite place to shop ever!


Classical Hollywood Cinema
As a lover of anything vintage this one is a give-away! It was from this era that one of my all time idols Marilyn Monroe was born along side fabulous dresses,volumized curls and cat eye glasses; All of which oozed glamour. How much I wish I could jump into a time machine and go back to the 1950's! Other famous actresses from this era include: Elizabeth TaylorJudy Garland, Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn.


Love O
x




No comments:

Post a Comment