You could take this idea and use it for any little trinkets or souvenirs you wish to keep. You could put fairy-lights, stamps, feathers, glitter, buttons, sweets-literally anything in your jar. Like me, you may wish to keep your jar on a shelf in your room as a decoration or to give it to someone as a present.
What you'll need:
- Double sided sellotape
- Trinkets such as shells
- A jar
- Wallpaper or Patterned paper
- A ribbon
- As the below show, you need to start by choosing a wallpaper for your lid. I chose a spare Laura Ashley floral wallpaper in cream and pink because this goes with the colours in my bedroom.
- Trace the lid onto your wallpaper and cut around the trace mark so that it will fit perfectly onto your lid.
- Stick double sided sellotape onto your lid and the rim of the lid.
- Then stick down the previously traced wallpaper onto the lid and wrap the ribbon around the rim of the lid leaving enough ribbon left to make a little bow.
- Finally fill your jar with the contents you have chosen such as shells and ta-da you have your dream jar or time capsule!